Terms and Conditions
- ⇒ Your driving Lesson will be on a 1 to 1 basis with no car sharing. Should you wish a parent or friend to come with you this can be
arranged (subjected to car insurance policy).
- ⇒ You can be collected from your place of work or home address or a different location as long as prior knowledge is given and it is agreed between instructor and pupil.
- ⇒ You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance. If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
- ⇒ If you wish to cancel a booked lesson, a minimum of 48 hours prior notice should be given. Cancellations must be made directly between you & instructor. If you do not give at least 48 hours notice of cancellation, you will be charged for the lesson(s) concerned. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor.
- ⇒ If your instructor turns up on time to pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 15 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 15 minutes instructor will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
- ⇒ Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
- ⇒ All lessons must be paid for in advance by bank transfer, PayPal, credit card or at the time of the lesson by cash.
- ⇒ You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
- ⇒ You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may affect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
- ⇒ In the event that the teaching vehicle has a mechanical fault during the lesson, which could not be prevented, instructor will pass the remaining time left onto your next lesson. If this is not possible, instructor will offer a refund for the remaining minutes owed.
- ⇒ For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
- ⇒ We will work together to make every effort to ensure you are at practical driving test standard and have a thorough knowledge of the
DVSA set skills. The instructor is entitled to withdraw his car for the usage of your test, should he feel you are not ready. Instructor will always give you a minimum of 5 working days notice providing you haven’t come to the instructor at short notice (less than 5 working days).
- ⇒ You are allowed to take your driving test if you do not pass a mock driving test, as long as your instructor is confident you still have a reasonable chance of passing.
- ⇒ Very occasionally instructor can become ill at short notice. In the event that this happens, instructor will endeavour to find you another instructor, but cannot guarantee anything at such short notice.
- ⇒ In the event the instructor’s car is not road worthy for your driving test. Your instructor will do his upmost to find you a like for like vehicle. However, cannot guarantee an identical vehicle.
- ⇒ If the DVSA examiner has declined to go out on test in your instructor’s car because it’s not roadworthy for any reason such as a nail in tyre or brake light not working, instructor will pay for your a replacement test.
- ⇒ No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle, except where you have caused that damage.
- ⇒ Training vehicles are taxed, insured for the purposes of driving tuition, fully roadworthy and fitted with dual controls. Pupils who require tuition in their own vehicle must supply evidence from their motor insurer that the car is covered for lessons when being supervised by a professional instructor in return for payment, the car must also be taxed and hold a current MOT certificate where appropriate.
- ⇒ As learner (pupil) you allowed instructor & Lesson Plus to publish your comments along with your picture (captured after passing your driving test), on our website or all social media tools. After uploading on social media tools, we can’t prevent comments or photo from being copied or shared.
The easiest way to resolve any problems that you may experience is to speak to the instructor. The instructor will ensure that any issues are rectified. If you are still not satisfied please write to us email@example.com. Please remember that the instructor will have the opportunity to respond as well. Similarly, we would like to hear any positive feedback.
General Data Protection Regulations (GPDR)
Lesson Plus is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. By booking, you are agreeing to be bound by our GDPR policy.
We collect data when you contact us by phone, email and in person, this includes Contact Details, Photographic Image, Driver Licence & NI details, Test details including results and Payment Details to facilitate bookings, training, issuing attendance and qualification certificates, and communicating with GOV.UK on your behalf. We may also notify you to changes to our services, provide information or updates to relevant rules and regulations, seek your views or comments on the services we provide, and with your permission send other communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
You have the right to opt out of the above, request to access, update or erase data.
For more details or a copy of these terms and conditions, please contact us on 075778877335